Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Photography - Rodeo Ferris Wheel

Howdy everyone!

Some dear friends of my family invited us to the Rodeo Carnival and Blake Shelton concert. I had a blast attending both. The friends, food, and fun created a day that I will never forget.

As always, one of my favorite carnival attractions is the Ferris Wheel. You can see to the left the picture I took from below the Ferris Wheel while in line. In the sky, you can see the sun just beginning to set, which created a bit of a lenseflare, which I enhanced while editing it. I also added a few clouds to the sky to give it a fuller feeling. To finish off the picture, I added two different filters. The first was an increase in saturation by applying a layer of blue above the photo, fading it to 5%, and changing the layer setting to saturation. Then, I added a layer of yellow, faded it to 20%, and changed the layer setting to darken. These two filters updated the colors and gave the photo a retro feeling.

Hopefully, I will post some pictures of Blake Shelton and other rodeo photos soon. His concert was amazing. The platform he was preforming on rotated to allow the whole stadium to see him. When the back of the state faced a certain side, it seemed almost see-through. However, when you could see Blake's front, the stage lit up with different LED backgrounds. The rodeo was amazing as well. The pledge of allegiance was sang beautifully and at the end a plethora of fireworks went off. During the pledge of allegiance, a woman rode a horse bare back with a huge American flag. The whole event was quite spectacular. I also witnessed bull riding, mutton busting, and other rodeo games for the first time.

Texas is most famous for the rodeo and history of agriculture and cattle. That night, I finally understood what all the hubbub is about. The rodeo is about spending time with people you love and get along with. It's about celebrating Texas traditions. People's hard work and talent are displayed at the rodeo, inspiring future generations to come. I enjoyed visiting the rodeo and I cannot wait for the opportunity to go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment